Monday, September 14, 2009

So Many Famous People So Little Time

For the past week have worked with, flirted with, and encountered more famous people than the rest of my life combined. First my 'co-workers': John Stamos, Bill Irwin, Gina Gershone, and Noal Gerard Funk. I saw the show last Weds and it was sooo much fun! I highly recommend seeing it! Bye Bye Birdie at the Henry Miller's Theatre opening Oct 15. The first two months are pretty much sold out as of now but it goes until February. John is very personable and lovable as Albert, Bill knocks your socks off with his physical comedy, and the show is overall a highly fun spirited adventure. Plus if you come and see it you get to see me! Perk of the new job: I flirted with one of the understudy/swings on the show as he was warming up yesterday, it was really cute.

Finally New York is overflowing with celebs. My roommate constantly texts me with people she has seen just walking on the street. A couple of days ago we found a barricade of press hanging out on 5 av. We waited and out of the building comes Tony Blair! He was very nice: took pictures and signed autographs.


Last night my roommate and I camped outside the VMAs to catch the glimpse of stardom. I am not really up to date on pop culture, especially not MTV culture but it was a lot of fun! We saw everyone pull up to the red carpet and get their pictures taken. My fav was cobra starship who pulled up in a double-decker tour bus! And P!nk who came in a NY Firetruck because the announcer could say "You know this lady's hot because she is in a firetruck!" Other celebs included: Kanye West, Katie Perry, Jimmy Fallon, Perez Hilton, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Jay-Z, JLo, P. Diddy, Gerard Butler, Lady GaGa, and more. The night was supposed to end with a 'surprise' performance. Our cop friend said it was going to be Janet Jackson as a tribute to MJ but that was happening inside. Actually it turned out to be Taylor Swift who performed outside. I don't really care for her music but my roommate loves her so it was exciting none the less.

Life is fun and fast-paced here! Today is my day off and then back to Broadway.

Kosmo Out.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Kind of jealous of your glamorous high flying NYC life! Hope you're having fun. Say hi to John for me (: