Monday, June 15, 2009

Project #3 Complete and Rendering for Project #4

I completed my Vases!! I got the idea from Todd Oldham's book Handmade Modern but I changed it a bit. Instead of using a pigment and natural alcohol epoxy, I went a cheaper route and bought stained glass paint. The brand is Vitrail bought from my local crafts store. After coating the bottom of the vase in paint I simply held it upside down until the excess paint poured out. This created a smooth paint effect. I used two colors per vase (green and purple, and green and yellow). I then used silver liquid leaf on the rims to give it a finished look. To give the vases a personal, one-of-a-kind touch I enscribed the enitials and wedding date of the couple I made them for. I finally used transparent sealent on all painted areas so the vases can be wet or dry vases in any decorative setting.

Here is my rendering for the my mom's porch! My parents are trying to redecorate their house and my mom has the idea for a Key West Style. She asked me to paint their porch while I was home for the summer. We discussed what she was looking for and here is the rendering for the main section of the proch. I will base the section above the bar and the smaller section off of these palm trees with maybe an illusion of a sunset. The main background color will be a sea green and she wants the ceiling to be yellow. It's very Floridian but I feel it will be fun to do! (don't get too excited... just to warn you: I can't even get started for another week)

I was thinking for making more Vases and maybe selling them on Etsy or Ebay. Let me know what you think!

~Kosmo out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kosmo!
I love the vases!

I would totally buy one!

love you!